Pinnacle Bank is dedicated to ensuring that your accounts remain secure and that your personal information remains private. Our policies governing online banking have been enhanced to further protect your sensitive account information.
All Online Banking passwords must:
- be between 8-16 characters
- have at least one letter character and at least one numeric character
Passwords do not expire but you have the option to update your password to increase your online safety. If you wish to change your Online Banking ID, please call the bank at 1-877-759-7939 and request assistance.
Helpful Tips for Online Security
Pinnacle Bank offers safe and secure online banking, but there are additional precautions to protect your home computer, network systems and financial transactions during business and personal internet usage. Below we’ve provided a list of tips to help solidify your online security
Follow these best practices to secure your computers:
- Be suspicious of e-mails claiming to be from a financial institution, government department or agency requesting account information or banking access credentials such as usernames, passwords, PIN codes and similar information. Opening file attachments or clicking on web links in suspicious emails could expose the system to malicious code that could hijack your computer. Pinnacle Bank will never send you an email requesting confidential information.
- Create a strong password with at least 6 characters that includes a combination of letters and numbers.
- Prohibit the use of “shared” usernames and passwords for online banking systems.
- Use a different password for each website that is accessed and change the password a few times a year.
- Never share username and password information.
- Install commercial anti-virus and desktop firewall software on all computer systems. Free software may not provide protection against the latest threats compared with an industry standard product.
- Ensure virus protection and security software are updated regularly.
- Avoid using the automatic login features that save usernames and passwords for online banking.
- Never access bank information at Internet cafes, public libraries, etc. Unauthorized software may have been installed to trap account number and sign on information leaving you vulnerable to fraud.
- Immediately report any suspicious transactions to the bank, particularly ACH or wire transfers. There is a limited recovery window for these transactions and immediate escalation may prevent further loss.
- In the event that you are a victim of fraud, there are a number of immediate recommendations to take to help protect your financial interests. A few general suggestions include:
- Immediately cease all activity from computer systems that may be compromised. Unplug the ethernet or cable modem connections to isolate the system from remote access.
- Immediately contact Pinnacle Bank so that the following actions may be taken as a priority to contain the incident:
- Online access to the account(s) is disabled.
- Online banking passwords changed.
- New account(s) opened if necessary
- Review all recent transactions and electronic authorizations on the account.
If at anytime you have any questions, comments or concerns about online banking, please feel free to contact us at 1-877-759-7939 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.