Can you imagine doing less administrative work and spending more time making money? Yes, it’s possible with the right tools in place. Let’s take a look at six ways to automate your business so you can spend more time on what matters most.
- Payroll. No one enjoys dealing with payroll, whether adding new employees to your payroll system, collecting and filing paper forms, or submitting payroll or tax payments each month. And that’s not even mentioning year-end reporting and paperwork preparation. It’s not as expensive as you may think to either automate your payroll or outsource it completely. Think of the time you’ll save!
Learn more about the payroll services we offer through Pinnacle Bank—click here or talk to one of our Treasury Management Specialists at 877.759.7939.
- Bookkeeping. If you’re still doing your bookkeeping, consider automating that task. There are software programs available, such as Bench and Intuit QuickBooks®, that will pull your expenses from your bank accounts, provide daily or monthly reporting and prepare your year-end tax reports to give to your accountant. Some will even create and send invoices on your behalf to your clients.
- Recruiting. Usually, when you need to hire someone, you need to do so immediately. If you’re still putting ads in the local paper, that may take most of your day. Instead, sign up to use Indeed or ZipRecruiter to submit the job posting in your area automatically. And if you have multiple locations or stores, this is a great way to streamline your employee search because you can manage the applications all in one place.
- Email Sorting. If you’re like most people, you get many emails each day — most of which may be considered junk email. Did you know you can use software to help you get to the emails that matter most? Tools such as Sanebox and Gmail Alerts allow you to place non-urgent mail in a separate location to review at a later time. That way, you only check junk mail once a day.
- Email Marketing. There are many robust email marketing software programs available with small business owners in mind. Programs such as MailChimp and ConstantContact will help you manage your contacts and give you the tools you need to build a beautiful email. Plus, there are many “extras” available to help you follow-up with contacts.
- Social Media. Even though you may be smaller than other businesses in town, you can easily let your audience know you exist through social media. But you probably don’t have time to check Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook all day. Instead, try using Buffer or Hootsuite to schedule posts and receive reporting on what’s happening with your sites in real-time. Plus, you can make adjustments quickly and easily at any time.
Where Do You Start?
We’ve mentioned just a few of the ways you can incorporate automation into your daily operation. Take note of what you’re spending time doing. Then, see if there are ways you can automate each task. When you streamline your operation through automation, you’ll save time and money in the long-run. Plus, you may even find more balance in your daily life.
We’re happy to help you find ways to make your business banking easier. Learn more about the options available at Pinnacle Bank here.