From an original article by Jennifer Post, Business News Daily Contributor
Customer service has never been more important than it is today. It is so easy for customers to share their opinion, positive or negative, with others. Keeping your customers satisfied and coming back is a challenge. Avoiding these common customer service mistakes can help:
- Over-automation – Just because it can be automated doesn’t mean it should be. Balance cost savings with the opportunity to provide personal service.
- Failing to listen – Don’t assume, listen.
- Being reactive instead of proactive – Seek improvement and avoid complacency.
- Undervaluing customer service staff – Be sure to reward staff for providing great service.
- Not giving customers what they want – Deliver quick, efficient and respectful solutions, even if it is not ideal.
For a more in-depth look at the importance of providing exceptional customer service, read the full article.