There are more than 400,000 ATMs in the United States. At Pinnacle Bank, we do everything possible to keep our customers safe, especially when they are using one of our ATMs.
Pinnacle Bank takes a number of precautions to ensure that our customers have a safe environment including everything from installing surveillance cameras and lighting to setting withdrawal limits, but there is no substitute for good, cautious behavior on the part of the customer.
Please follow these eight safety tips when using any ATM:
- Keep your PIN number a secret. Never write it down or share it with anyone – not even family members.
- Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at night. Make sure the ATM is free of sight obstructions. If you observe suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the machine.
- Bring someone with you when using an ATM at night. If you can’t, use an ATM that is located in a public area such as a convenience or grocery store.
- Have your ATM card ready and in your hand as you approach the ATM.
- Use your body to “shield” the ATM keyboard as you enter your PIN.
- Always take your receipts or transaction records with you.
- Do not count or visually display any money you received from the ATM. Immediately put your money into your pocket or purse and count it later.
- If you are using a drive-up ATM, be sure passenger windows are rolled up and all doors are locked. If you leave your car and walk to the ATM, lock your car.